Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Portugal vs Essex??!!??

Well at the weekend I was supposed to go to Portugal with my mum and dad, but due to unforseen circumstances it has had to be postponed till June.
So whats a girl to do all geared up to spend a lazy weekend in the sun well i'll tell you she (with help it has to be said) felted the roof of her shed and cut her grass which resembled a jungle and wait for it wait for it....... WENT TO THE GYM.
But actually it wasn't all bad i did have a very productive weekend just not what was planned.

On Sunday (having already arranged that I wasn't gonna be at the army - got cover for the band etc) I decided to still have the Sunday off - which is very much a rareity!
And I must say I really enjoyed it - for many reasons. Just because I didn't go to the army doesn't mean I didn't spend any time in worship it just wasn't corporate/ group worship. I had my own worship time on the treadmill and cross trainer. Another reason I found Sunday interesting was because I got to see how everyone else does "sunday" Now I know I for one can get a bit caught up in my own little bubble on a sunday morning, it just doesn't really enter my head what othere people do on a sunday morning and here I was in the throng of it. It really did set my mind wandering and was an excellent catalyst for my thoughts.

So there you have it instead of going to Portugal i spent the weekend in sunny essex - which for a change isn't meant in a sarcastic way. The wetaher was lovely and I had a very productive weekend and best yet I still have the weekend in portugal to look forward to so there is a silver lining to this cloud :->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i love having my "quiet times" in the gym... even though they are very rarly "quiet"!!!!

hope you are ok