Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Summer is over and Bec is blogging!


Well what do you know i'm blogging for the first time nearly 2 months.

Well a lot has happened in that time yet also not a lot has happened!

I would love to attribute my none blogging to the summer holidays but alas that would be an outright lie. Although I have still been keeping up to date on other peoples blogs I have simply been lacking the want or need to blog. But as I am child free as of 8.45am this morning thought that I would. I don't usually necessarily relish in the girls going back to school but for some reason this year I have. This morning I dropped them both off just before 8.45 (the doors always open earlier on the first day back - silly teachers, more fool them lol) and decided to treat myself to a sit down in one of the cafe's a hot chocolate and half an hour pure indulgent me time. I then did some bits in upminster and now here I am.

Well, what has been going on since I last blogged? Thats a very good question! I'm not actually that sure but looking at my diary here's a quick round up (Sorry for lack of pic's and photo's am at work so there aren't really any.


Since July 11th -


New Harry Potter Film came out - saw it the day before public release (so no-one could spoil it for me


Took the girls to see the Simpsons Movie 2 days before it officially came out - they were most impressed by that! (easily pleased hey?!?)

New Harry Potter book came out and read said book.


Took the girls to Southend for the day (which we do every summer) always a knackering but absolutely fantastic day and this year was no exception. As there are 2 of them I usually enlist the help of one of my friends for "a day of fun" and also cos the girls like different rides and more to the point dislike different rides logistacally I need another person. This year I let the girls suggest who we should invite and they chose my friend Mark ha ha ha ha. Now I know he enjoyed the day and the girls certainly enjoyed having him there but although I tried to describe what he was letting him in for - words just aren't adequate - you have to experience it - and experience it he did! That's what I call a baptism of fire lol!


Had a Christmas programme planning meeting - so yes in the summer holidays i have had to think about Christmas! But worse than that, due to the new practice schedule at Ilford we have half the amount of practices we did last year so will have to start Christmas music that much earlier. So not only have I had to think about Christmas, wait for it........................................................... I've had to listen to Christmas music!!!!!!!!!! Well for anyone who knows me quite well they will know I don't like to think about Christmas before I really really have to usually October or November but this year it was August!


Played family rounders in Upminster park.


Have been on holiday (yes again) this year I may have had a few holidays but have been away for no longer than 4 days at a time - Next year I am having 1 holiday that lasts the very least a whole week :@)


I had my "end of summer holiday massage"


And now the girls are back to school and will be back to some kind of normality. (Whatever "normal" is)


Well thats a BRIEF run down of what I've been up to.

Not particularly interesting blog I know but hey its a blog and we all know its been an absolute age since I last blogged so its an achievement.


Am still loving Facebook, have been having fairly long conversations with people I haven't seen or heard from in years so its a great.


Have also got to add that I am loving Glyn's new blog/ vlog long may it continue but I have to say I neither have the time nor the technical knowledge to be able to manage something like that so hat off to glyn but does he ever do any work? lol


Well thats about it for now, hopefully won't be as long till my next blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't take your hat off to Glyn too soon Bec. He tends to have a habbit of starting things and not continuing them! His procratination blog just about proves that!!!!

Bec said...

Oh no I don't doubt its more likely that this won't continue. But even if it was just a singular vlog that alone was impressive - something different and it just proves procrastination can be funny -x-