Thursday, May 24, 2007

Peace

Today I went to they gym. However I went to the gym feeling really angry. Now I don't get angry very often - frustrated yes, angry no. But when I do its not good.
Now I needed to go to they gym cos I hadn't been this week but I knew that if I worked out angry then I'd push myself too hard and do myself an injury. So whilst warming up on the cross trainer I put on the soundtrack to amazing grace, I know in the past if i've been stressed its really calmed me down.
By the end of the first track and some prayer (which always helps :->) I was suitably more chilled. And went on for the next half an hour or so having a really great worship session (which actually isn't unheard of whilst I work out in the gym.
But I just wanted to praise God that he can and does come close to us in the smallest places and some would say the strangest places, whether that be at the gym or in a traffic jam (I HATE TRAFFIC JAMS!) or even in the bathroom.
He is an awesome God who is capable of anything and everything .

No comments: